It is sad when someone you love cannot be with you to celebrate your special day.
Here’s a list of ideas for how to honor and remember loved ones at your wedding:
- If your father has passed away, attach photo lockets to your shoes or carry a small frame tied with ribbon on you arm so he can still walk you down the aisle.
- Dance to your loved one’s favorite song.
- Toast with their favorite wine or include their favorite drink on your bar menu.
- Include their photo on your register table so they can be part of your certificate signing photos.
- Light a candle in memory of all those who are there in spirit but not in person.
- Include locket frames on the handle of your bouquet with photos of you and your loved ones.
- Purchase locket cufflinks and include photos to wear on the day.
- Place a flower and or a picture of them on a seat at the ceremony.
- Create a memory board or table of photos of loved ones who have passed, old wedding photos are a nice touch.
- Cut a piece of your loved one’s tie, shirt or scarf in the shape of a heart and sew it to the inside of your dress. This can also be your something old or blue.
- Grooms can wear their father’s tie to remember him on the day.
- Pin a piece of heirloom jewellery on the inside of your dress so they are close to your heart.
- Include a single stem of their favorite flower in your bouquet or boutonniere.
- Mention your loved one during the ceremony or your reception speech.
- Wrap an old tie or piece of lace around your bouquet.
- Hang picture frames from chairs down the aisle with photos of all family members who can’t be there.
- Release doves or butterflies during the wedding in their honor.